Monday, August 6, 2012

Blog Posts I Wish I had Written

Every once in a while, I come across a blog post that really speaks to me; it usually says, "Why didn't you think of that?"  It might be deep, thoughtful, spiritual, analytic, or just silly.  Here are a few blog posts that I wish I had written, and some clips to go with them.

This one is from James Jordan's Rough and Regie blog for Musical America. In Myth, Matched, he explains what makes the Willy Decker production of La Traviata so good and so right. 


Der Traumpaar: End of Act 1 in Decker's Traviata.

The blog called nonpiudifiori is subtitled, "Opera from a teenager's perspective," and this post is called Opera and Teenagers: What can opera companies do?  This is a reminder that not all opera lovers are old, wealthy, and/or snobby (some of us are just old). 


Dorothea Röschmann sings Non piu di fiori.

I hope you enjoy these posts and others from these thoughtful bloggers. I'm going to re-read them now and pretend I wrote them.

More Blog Posts I Wish I had Written
Further Blog Posts I Wish I had Written

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...