Saturday, January 19, 2013

Joyce DiDonato's Julliard Master Class 1/25/13 Will be Streamed Live


On Facebook, Joyce DiDonato says:
Ladies and gentlemen: I am MOST pleased to announce that The Juilliard School has gone above and beyond the call of duty and made it possible to do a live stream of an upcoming masterclass I'll be giving on JANUARY 25. Many of you have asked me about doing classes where you are, and while I wish I could be there in person, Juilliard has kindly found a way to bring you to me!! I do hope you'll tune in.

"Internationally acclaimed mezzo soprano, Joyce DiDonato, will be returning to The Juilliard School for a master class with students from the Ellen and James S. Marcus Institute for Vocal Arts on Friday, January 25. We are pleased to announce that this class will be available to view via a live stream online. Visit Juilliard’s streaming website on January 25 at 4 PM to tune in for this online event."

Editor's note: I just had to laugh a little bit at "Steaming video..." Is Julliard branching into a new genre? Meanwhile, here's our Yankee Diva recording Vedi se t'amo from Haydn's Armida for her Drama Queens album: 


6 comments:

  1. Steaming video! (I guess it'll probably be an exciting listen, but 'steaming' doesn't seem quite the right word). I'm sad that I won't be able to catch the steam (enjoy the musical sauna?) b/c of job stuff on the 25th - but given the amount of JDD I've had the pleasure of hearing lately, it does not feel right to complain.

    (earwormopera)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love typos, don't you?

      I am hoping they will archive it so we can watch it later.Of course the professionals do very little singing themselves in master classes, but it is so great to hear the advice and philosophies they share.

      Enjoy JDD in MS today! I have to work, so I can't even listen (no streaming is permitted at work...or steaming!)

      Delete
    2. They did - Juilliard put up the whole masterclass on YT today! (Wondering whether it was some kind of birthday gift...)

      Delete
    3. That's wonderful! Thanks for the tip. It may be worth a whole new post!

      Delete
  2. Does this require a subscription?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I can tell, you do not. They have other(archived) videos that are free to view.

      Delete

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...