Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday Brunch – Sills Sings Schubert’s Shepherd Song

This was my most very favorite Beverly Sills record for a long time. I love chamber music and the opportunity it gives musicians to really work as partners, rather than all being led by one guy (or gal) with a stick. Also, I enjoyed the mostly unknown selection of music. Since I posted Daniel Behle's performance of Schubert's Der Hirt am Felsen the other day, I have been wanting to hear Ms. Sills do it again. and then I decided it would only be right to share it. So, here it is. I hope you enjoy it as much as I still do.



Text and translation can be found at the Daniel Behle post.
This concert is now available as part of a 2-disc set called Beverly Sills & Friends.http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=reornore-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B000ICLSWE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...