Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Brunch, Expanded Edition – Mezzos in Pants

This is a great U-TOOB playlist featuring one of our favorite opera phenomena: mezzos playing men. This playlist includes Sarah Connolly (a lot), Alice Coote, Joyce DiDonato, Vesselina Karasova, Angelika Kirchschlager, Elina Garanca, Isabel Leonard, Helene Schneiderman, and Kate Lindsey and costars some of our favorite sopranos, too (Miah Persson in at least two!!!)!



And then check out La Clemenza di Tito from La Monnaie for more mezzos in pants. (I have a crush on Swedish mezzo Anna Grevelius as Annio, but I am not sure if I have a crush on her, or on him.)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! I've made a more extensive playlist called "byxroller" ("trouser roles") featuring pretty much everything I find in that department. Here goes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsUmLcri7fU&list=PL227373029CAD4070

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure. And thanks for the link to your playlist. Mezzos in Pants -- ya gotta love 'em!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...