Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Brunch – Miah Persson's Pie Jesu (Hidden Gems in my iTunes Library)


I was looking up Miah Persson in my iTunes library the other day for a "Nachtigal" reference (yes, I had to look up the quote, so I knew to look up Nachtigal (nightingale). And in doing so, I came across a recording I didn't realize I had! Miah Persson singing Pie Jesu from the Faure Requiem.

Sometimes I am  a sucker for these cheap collections from Amazon.com. This one is called The 99 Most Essential Relaxing Classics. You get 99 tracks (as the title implies) and it costs less than six bucks (I think it was $1.99 when I bought it).

Most of the recordings are from Naxos or BIS, so there are some really decent performances. Sure, there is some flotsam and jetsam in the collection, and often bits and pieces of larger works that I'd rather listen to in full. But then there are these gems...

1 comment:

  1. There's a "Commuter Classics" album in the iTunes store that I found because it has a track on it of DR singing Bach - it's weird where things pop up sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...