Thursday, February 6, 2014

Gratuitous Friday – Miah Persson is Sifare

Richard Croft & Miah Persson
Yes, I know it's only Thursday, but I couldn't wait to re-share this clip. I am re-posting this absolutely wonderful performance—the performance that caused me to fall in love with Miah Persson—for two reasons: 

1.   The original post has been simply slammed with spam. It's very annoying, especially since the post is a year and a half old.
 
2.   I just heard Christiane Karg sing this in a Mozartwoche concert on Ö1 Radio. She was wonderful, but frankly, I just like this performance better. That being said, I do encourage my readers to go listen to that concert. It also includes two symphonies by Muzio Clementi (of piano sonatina fame), one of which (surprisingly) contains rather extensive variarations on God Save the King.

But more importantly to my readers: In between the Clementi symphonies, soprano Christine Karg (whose "big break" was singing in the same M22 festival series of operas that this video clip in taken from) sings a nice variety of early Mozart opera arias, including this one from
Mitradate. 


But before you go listen to that concert, listen once again to the lovely and talented Miah Persson sing Lunga da te, mio bene.


7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this. A beautiful performance from a beautiful woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I know! She makes me melt -- every time!

      Delete
  2. Apart from her beautiful singing, I love how MP has the whole homeboy thing going on with this role. It totally works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she carries it off quite well. I think this may be her only appearance in a male role. Glad you love this clip as much as I do.Come to think of it, I love this whole production!

      Delete
    2. It does work! Oddly enough I was just thinking about watching this dvd again - I don't think I did it justice last time.

      Delete
    3. Watching it again sounds like a good plan. I think I will too. After I watch Brokeback Mountain.

      Delete

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...