Friday, February 21, 2014

Parto, ma tu ben mio – Tara Erraught at The Bayerische Staatsoper

Unfortunately, this clip is audio only, but it is “official” from the Staatsoper. I'm pretty sure it's not from last Saturday's broadcast, as I don't remember quite so much vibrato from Sesto*.  I am still on the lookout for a copy of the video (aren't we all?). I'm not sure I want to re-watch the whole opera, but I’d definitely like to re-view some of the arias and ensembles. 


Tara Erraught (Sesto)
Markus Schön (Solo Clarinet)
Bayerisches Staatsorchester
Musical direction: Kirill Petrenko
Live recorded at the Bayerische Staatsoper on February 7, 2014

*After writing this I looked below the clip at Soundcloud and saw the date. Well boo on me for not reading, but kudos to me for noticing the difference. Tara Erraught sounds over-parted here (over-partoed?) but she didn’t seem so during the live broadcast. Maybe this was opening night jitters.

3 comments:

  1. Any news on this video? I want to see the whole thing again! I thought it was hysterical and the more I think about it the more I miss it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...