Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Another Marriage of Figaro? Really?

Do we need another Le Nozze di Figaro? Well, I do. It's my favorite opera. And Luca Pisaroni as Figaro makes any Nozze a don't-miss performance! In honor of his recent San Francisco appearance (and in lieu of a recording of those performances), here he is. There are some other singers and a conductor, too. 


Figaro – Luca Pisaroni
Susanna – Rosemary Joshua
Il Conte Almaviva – Pietro Spagnoli
La Contessa Almaviva – Annette Dasch
Cherubino – Angelica Kirchschlager
Marcellina – Sophie Pondjiclis
Antonio – Alessandro Svab
Bartolo – Antonio Abete
Don Basilio – Enrico Facini
Barbarina – Pauline Courtin
Don Curzio – Serge Goubioud
Conductor  Rene Jacobs

4 comments:

  1. I simply ADORE this production!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like what I've seen/heard so far. Of course LP is awesome. Rosmary Joshua is a charming Susanna, and I think I am liking Annette Dasch's Countess.

      Delete
  2. Missed this post and this production, must make some time for it. I still remember LP's Figaro here at ROH in 2013, lots of fun! If ROH kept bringing him back as Figaro or Leporello I'd go every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, Kirchschlanger's Cherubino acts like he's at least 25 years old!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...